- California Cartage Company and its divisions have multiple automated warehouses used for import retail deconsolidation, footwear and apparel distribution.
- Suffolk, VA: 375,000 sq. ft.
- Ontario, CA: 504,000 sq. ft.
- Long Beach, CA: 255,000 sq. ft.
- Torrance, CA: 300,000 sq. ft.
- Carson, CA: 135,000 sq. ft.
- Types of Automation in Place:
- Conveyor System
- Print & Apply
- Tilt Tray Sorter
- Wave Batch Picking
- Trash Bailer
- Box Cutter
- Induction Printer
- Carton Erector
Over-Dimensional and Project Cargos
- Specialize in the transportation and loading or unloading of project cargos.
- Extensive background in securing and loading procedures for flat rack and bolster containers.
- Load and unload automobiles, transformers, power plants, mobile missile batteries and many more heavy-weighted and over-dimensional items.
- Permit drayage to and from the piers.
- Yard storage for marshaling projects.
- Heavy lift equipment on site.
- Pick & Pack
- Purchase Order Management
- Bar & Date Coding
- Palletizing & Crating
- Automated Transloading
- Garments on Hanger
- Club Store Packaging
- Quality Inspection
- Stretch Wrapping
- Tagging / Ticketing
- Overnight Parcel Shipping
- Bonded Storage
- Seven facilities served by railroads with extensive experience in carload loading or unloading.
- Adept at handling lumber, panel and other building products.
- All facilities equipped to handle both consumer and industrial cargos.
- Wilmington handles all cargoes including reefer transloads and over-dimensional flatcar loading and unloading.
- Wilmington also has heavy-lift equipment for machinery and transformers.
- All facilities have multiple car unloading capability.
London Metal Exchange Warehousing:
- We handle copper, tin, lead, aluminum, zinc, and nickel, under LME warehouse contract.
- Our partner, Pacorini Metals USA, issues warrants for the metal received. Those warrants are traded on the open London Metal Exchange.
- Ship or receive via truck or railcar and load into our warehouse or into export containers.
Foreign Trade Zone and Bonded Warehousing:
- Active Foreign Trade Zones in Chicago and multiple cities in California.
- All space is expandable and contractible for bonded storage.
- Weekly entry, duty deferral and avoidance, MPF consolidation or light manufacturing can be performed under bond at our FTZs.
- Operator of 4 bonded Container Freight Stations approved by U.S. Customs and Border Protection available for bonded cargo.
- Fully integrated system sends and receives EDI at all stages of cargo movement from ASN transmission prior to vessel arrival to outbound trailer manifest sent directly to receiving DC.
- Ability to unload and distribute by P.O. and SKU to multiple destinations based upon allocation.
- Full assimilation of domestic cargoes with the deconsolidation and load-out process.
- Client web access with real-time tracking and visibility; reporting tailored to customer requirements.
- Highest industry standards for on-time delivery and accuracy.
- Freight can be quality inspected; re-ticketed using software and labor to insure your freight arrives at its destination, on time.
- Completely equipped for spot labor or full staff projects to re-package or perform new quantity separations.
- Customer-direct orders or internet orders handled as smoothly as full truckload orders.
- FedEx and UPS machinery available at all warehouse locations to process small or single unit shipments.
- Expertise in setting up efficient assembly operations for the integration of various products into single items.
- Knowledgeable and skilled with assembly efficiencies including nested luggage, assembled gift baskets, or piggybacked product sets.
- Experienced operations and software integration to handle large volume seasonal merchandise, or over-dimensional and non-conveyable merchandise.